[Live-demo] 5.0alpha2 build logs

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 18:37:05 PDT 2011

Eike wrote:
> >> psql is already in "-q" quiet mode.
> >> I am currently testing to use the installed postgis template
> >> for avoiding the large amount of log outputs.
> I found a work around feeding the /dev/null dragon, ;-).

the idea behind making it quieter is so that real error messages
are not lost in the noise. Sending everything to /dev/null does
make it quieter but would mask all error messages too, which makes
hard to see error messages into impossible to see error messages!
So putting up with the noise is the less-worse solution I think.
How about just sending stdout to /dev/null and letting stderr
pass? (adding a --verbose or --quiet flag to the helper script
would be best :)

cheers,
Hamish