[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live contributors, please publicly OK use of Open License

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Sun Jul 10 08:31:59 PDT 2011

On 9 July 2011 22:57, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> OSGeo-Live contributors,
>
> I've had responses from all projects bar one responding to questions about
> documentation license.
> Overwhelmingly, people have noted that they are happy with the CC-By license
> for Project Overviews and CC-By-SA for Quickstarts. Simon Cropper has
> expressed a desire for all docs to be CC-By-SA and queried the license of
> source material used to create Overviews.
>
> As such, could all contributors please publicly email
> live-demo at lists.osgeo.org with a statement similar to:
>
> I have authored, or checked the contents of OSGeo-Live Project Overviews &
> Quickstarts for the <insert project> project(s), and as far as I can tell,
> all source material can be legally included under a Creative Commons
> Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project Overviews, and Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License for Quickstarts.

Hi,

I've authored gvSIG overview and *I agree* the CC-By for the document
I contributed. I also agree to follow any author decision for any
document I translated into Spanish (I should check my commits to
remember what I translated).

I'll forward this to the Spanish Local Chapter to update them about this topic.

Cheers
--
Jorge Sanz
http://es.osgeo.org