[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live contributors, please publicly OK use of Open License

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 13:57:01 PDT 2011

OSGeo-Live contributors,

I've had responses from all projects bar one responding to questions
about documentation license.
Overwhelmingly, people have noted that they are happy with the CC-By
license for Project Overviews and CC-By-SA for Quickstarts. Simon
Cropper has expressed a desire for all docs to be CC-By-SA and queried
the license of source material used to create Overviews.

As such, could all contributors please publicly email
live-demo at lists.osgeo.org with a statement similar to:

I have authored, or checked the contents of OSGeo-Live Project Overviews
& Quickstarts for the <insert project> project(s), and as far as I can
tell, all source material can be legally included under a Creative
Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project Overviews, and
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License for
Quickstarts.

All future contributions I make to OSGeo-Live will be provided under:
* Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License for
Quickstarts
* Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project Overviews
* LGPL for install scripts

Geospatial Director