[Live-demo] gdal version on live dvd

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jul 8 23:42:32 PDT 2011

We made a compromise and now do every other Ubuntu release (we used to
change every release). Only doing LTS releases would mean we expect
users to also only use LTS, which seems unrealistic.

I don't pretend to understand either of the fixes, however if you can
get a working package into the ubuntugis ppa we will take it. I believe
the tiff problem resolution is being worked on, and several applications
expect 1.8 and some of it's new features. So we should concentrate on
getting 1.8 working (See previous threads on the topic).