[Live-demo] gdal version on live dvd

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 23:27:37 PDT 2011

During testing, I noticed that also saga has the same tiff problems
when linked to gdal 1.8. So I could also build with the standard
distribution package, but that one actually also has quite a bad bug:
it doesn't open gml files [0]

Fixing the latter bug is very easy (only a rebuild is needed) and I'm
willing to provide an updated package on a ppa, but I just want to
cross check with the list if that is ok.

Or perhaps it is better to fix gdal 1.8, and use that for all
applications? I actually like that approach better.

Johan
PS: This bug isa typical bug in ubuntu due to their too short release
terms. It is too late now, but I think it is wiser to stick to debian
stable or ubuntu LTS releases for the live dvd.

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdal/+bug/786790

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Julien Malik <julien.malik at c-s.fr> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Thanks to all for your answers.
>
> To avoid disturbing the disc alpha release process, we will change the otb
> install script so that it uses the otb packages built with the standard
> distribution packages (gdal 1.6).
> In the meantime, I'll change our patch to fit Even's changeset, and propose
> it for inclusion in the ubuntugis gdal package.
> If it is accepted, we will be able to switch the OTB package to the
> ubuntugis-enabled one (we have one PPA for each version).
>

> Regards,
> Julien
>

> Le 27/06/2011 23:50, Hamish a écrit :
>>
>> Even wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, you didn't read my previous email probably.
>>
>> (I hadn't)
>>
>>> It is upstream. See
>>> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4101
>>> and