[Live-demo] License for gvSIG Overview

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Sun Jul 10 16:28:06 PDT 2011

On 11/07/11 02:11, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> The confirmation for gvSIG quickstart should be done by its author,
> Simon Cropper.

All text created in the gvSIG Quickstart is original and of my own
creation.

I have already flagged it as being released under a CC-BY-SA licence in
the RST source file supplied to the Live DVD teams when I was asked to
contribute the document.

The licence however is not reproduced in subsequent HTML versions or on
the Live DVD, which is what sparked this entire process.

In regards to other material used in the creation of the gvSIG
Quickstart, the GUI interface and Software portrayed is covered by the
GNU GPLv2 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html) which
allows for the use and portrayal of this interface. Specifically Clause
0 states "*The act of running the Program is not restricted*, and the
output from the Program is covered [by the GNU GPLv2 licence] only if
its contents constitute a work [software] based on the Program
(independent of having been made by running the Program)."

The data used in the creation of the gvSIG Quickstart was sourced from
the natural earth dataset, as recommended by the Live DVD organisers.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project#Example_Datasets

As specified in the Terms of Use on the natural earth Website "All
versions of Natural Earth raster + vector map data found on this website
are in the public domain".

http://www.naturalearthdata.com/about/terms-of-use/

--
Cheers Simon