[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live contributors, please publicly OK use of Open License

Manuel Grizonnet manuel.grizonnet at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 02:52:23 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have authored, or checked the contents of OSGeo-Live Project Overviews &
Quickstarts for the Orfeo ToolBox (OTB) project, and as far as I can tell,
all source material can be legally included under a Creative Commons
Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project Overviews, and Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License for Quickstarts.

All future contributions I make to OSGeo-Live will be provided under:
* Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License for
Quickstarts
* Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project Overviews
* LGPL for install scripts

Regards,

Manuel GRIZONNET

2011/7/9 Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>

> OSGeo-Live contributors,
>
> I've had responses from all projects bar one responding to questions about
> documentation license.
> Overwhelmingly, people have noted that they are happy with the CC-By
> license for Project Overviews and CC-By-SA for Quickstarts. Simon Cropper
> has expressed a desire for all docs to be CC-By-SA and queried the license
> of source material used to create Overviews.
>
> As such, could all contributors please publicly email
> live-demo at lists.osgeo.org with a statement similar to:
>
> I have authored, or checked the contents of OSGeo-Live Project Overviews &
> Quickstarts for the <insert project> project(s), and as far as I can tell,
> all source material can be legally included under a Creative Commons
> Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project Overviews, and Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License for Quickstarts.
>
> All future contributions I make to OSGeo-Live will be provided under:
> * Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License for
> Quickstarts
> * Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project Overviews
> * LGPL for install scripts
>
> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Geospatial Director