[Live-demo] License use confirmation for myself and LISAsoft

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:30:40 PDT 2011

On behalf of myself, and employees of LISAsoft who have contributed to
OSGeo-Live during work hours, I confirm that our contributions to
OSGeo-Live may be used under the current OSGeo-Live license guidelines.
I confirm that my future contributions will be compatible with the
OSGeo-Live license guidelines at the time of contribution.
The current OSGeo-Live license guidelines are:
* Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License for
Quickstarts
* Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project Overviews
* A version of LGPL for install scripts
* One of the OSI approved Open Source licenses for installed applications

Myself and LISAsoft staff working on LISAsoft time have authored the
template OSGeo-Live Project Overview (PostGIS) & Quickstart (UDig), I
have provided updates to as part of the review of all Project Overviews
to date, and as far as I can tell, all source material can be legally
included under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for
Project Overviews, and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0
Unported License for Quickstarts.

I have also authored or contributed to:
http://live.osgeo.org/en/index.html
http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html
http://live.osgeo.org/en/download.html
http://live.osgeo.org/en/contact.html
http://live.osgeo.org/en/sponsors.html
http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/osgeolive_quickstart.html
http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/osgeolive_install_quickstart.html
http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/virtualbox_quickstart.html
http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/usb_quickstart.html
And confirm that my contributions can be licensed under the public
domain or CC-By 3.0.

The contributions from myself and LISAsoft are primarily original work,
with some detailed information sourced from locations like project
websites, which I understand can be used under the terms of Fair Use [1]
and Fair Dealing [2].

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing

Geospatial Director