[Live-demo] mac/windows installers

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 01:17:46 PDT 2011

Frank,
I really appreciate the attention to detail you are applying to your
testing and reports of issues. It is this level of detail that makes a
great different to the end user experience.

Sorry for my delayed responses, work has been busy over the last week,
and I'm trying to catch up.

More inline ...

On 29/07/11 16:18, Frank Gasdorf wrote:
> Oh, little confusion. I just had a look at the following two pages:
> http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/index.html
> and
> http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/overview/overview.html
>
> The links to MacInstaller in the latter one points to
>
>     http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/MacInstallers/
>
> wheres the link from the index page points to :
>
>     http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/MacInstallers/
>

> I guess the last  mentioned would be the right location where to find
> the installer page
Yes, I agree. Feel free to correct this.
> (where does it come form, couldn't found that in gisvm/trunk
Windows and Mac installers are loaded using:
bin/load_mac_installers.sh and
bin/load_win_installers.sh

On previous DVDs, these windows and mac installers, were in the root
directory of the DVD. In future, I agree that it would be good to
provide a symbolic link to these directories. (It is possible that we
already do this).

> This was only the description for the MacInstaller, same behavior for
> the WindowsInstallers ! I'd
> <http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/I%27d.html> like
> <http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/like.html> to think
> <http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/think.html> that the nightly
> build (cron job) is started like the release build itself. Would you
> agree?
>
> Could it be possible that the overview.rst file was moved from "en"
> top level folder down to overview sub folder? YES, see revision
> history (4875 to 5052) ...
>
> IMHO we should to update the links in the overview pages to relative
> paths:
>
> * `Microsoft Windows Installers <../../WindowsInstallers/>`_
> * `Apple OSX Installers <../../MacInstallers/>`_
Good idea, feel free to do this.

> Any Opinions?
>
> Cheers, Frank
>

> 2011/7/29 Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com
> <mailto:cameron.shorter at gmail.com>>
>
>     On 27/07/11 22:57, Frank Gasdorf wrote:
>
>         I was wondering about the installer links from index and
>         Overview. both are redirected to one level above
>         (../<Installer>) which seems to be fine for the index page but
>         not for the overview ... Opinions?
>

>     If you look in the Makefile under "fix_header_links", you will see
>     that we correct all relative links in the root directory.
>     I think this would answer your questions.
>

>     --
>     Cameron Shorter
>     Geospatial Director
>     Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050
>     Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254
>
>     Think Globally, Fix Locally
>     Geospatial Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Source
>     http://www.lisasoft.com

Geospatial Director