[Live-demo] Getting OSGeo-Live Quickstart writing guidelines right

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Jun 1 07:39:10 PDT 2011

Will do (once I get there . . .)

bobb

>>> Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:

On 01/06/11 00:07, Bob Basques wrote:

One thought here, I know the end result tends to be larger files, but I've had very good success with providing flash movies of screen recordings for documentation.  These seem to go over fairly well with the users, as they can start and pause during a process as they follow along.
Bob, yes I like the idea. I think videos would be the next logical step after writing quickstarts. The first step would be to set out simple guidelines on our recommended way to create a video (which I expect should be running of the Quickstart docs?).
If you like, you can take a first cut of this by adding to the end of:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project . (Follow a similar level of detail to the doc writing guidelines on the same page)

Geospatial Director