[Live-demo] dataset audit

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:54:04 PDT 2011

I've just dug through the quickstarts and some directories looking for
data files, and found the following. (I used a manual search technique,
so may have missed some data files).

I suggest that we should reduce the following directories down to:
/usr/local/share/data/<dataset> which is accessible via /home/user/data
Any objections?

I'm also interested to know whether we save anything by compressing into
zip or tar.gz files (as the ISO image is compressed)

I also wonder whether udig, geopublishing and pgrouting can use the
common datset.

/home/user/grassdata
/home/user/data/<dataset> which is a symbolic link to ...
/usr/local/share/data/<dataset>
/usr/local/share/osm/barcelona_coastline_box/<data>
/usr/local/share/udig/udig/udig-data/ (which is duplicated in
/usr/local/share/data)
/usr/share/doc/geopublishing/ChartDemoAtlas_WorkingCopy.zip
/usr/share/pgrouting/workshop/data.tar.gz

/usr/lib/geotools-2.0.2/data_dir/data (referenced from geoserver
quickstart, but the directory doesn't exist)

Geospatial Director