[Live-demo] dataset audit

Manuel Grizonnet manuel.grizonnet at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 01:40:15 PDT 2011

Hi,

for you information, to complete report from Cameron, concerning dataset
related to the OTB, the install script downloads the OTB-Data-Examples.tgz
(30Mb) archive which contains extract of RS data which are used to generate
the software guide examples which allow users to reproduce all of them.

For now, the archive is uncompressed and move to the directory
$USER_HOME/gisvm/app-data/otb/demos/...

regards

2011/6/2 Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>

> I've just dug through the quickstarts and some directories looking for data
> files, and found the following. (I used a manual search technique, so may
> have missed some data files).
>
> I suggest that we should reduce the following directories down to:
> /usr/local/share/data/<dataset> which is accessible via /home/user/data
> Any objections?
>
> I'm also interested to know whether we save anything by compressing into
> zip or tar.gz files (as the ISO image is compressed)
>
> I also wonder whether udig, geopublishing and pgrouting can use the common
> datset.
>
> /home/user/grassdata
> /home/user/data/<dataset> which is a symbolic link to ...
> /usr/local/share/data/<dataset>
> /usr/local/share/osm/barcelona_coastline_box/<data>
> /usr/local/share/udig/udig/udig-data/ (which is duplicated in
> /usr/local/share/data)
> /usr/share/doc/geopublishing/ChartDemoAtlas_WorkingCopy.zip
> /usr/share/pgrouting/workshop/data.tar.gz
>
> /usr/lib/geotools-2.0.2/data_dir/data (referenced from geoserver
> quickstart, but the directory doesn't exist)
>
> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Geospatial Director
> Tel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050