[Live-demo] Re: [Workshops] FOSS4G 2011 Workshop Deadlines - related to OSGeo-Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:49:01 PDT 2011

Ben and Foss4g workshop presenters,

Yes, one of our drivers for OSGeo-Live is for it to be used in workshops
such as FOSS4G workshops.
So we would love to support any presenter who would like to make use of
OSGeo-Live in their presentation.

Due to the level of quality and testing we apply to OSGeo-Live, we have
quite a long build cycle, which you will need to factor in if using
OSGeo-Live.

I've just set up the schedule for our 5.0 foss4g 2011 release here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB#gid=0

Key dates:
2 May 2011: Start release cycle
4 July 2011: Feature Freeze - all final versions of applications installed
1 August 2011: All applications installed and tested, and sent to User
Acceptance Test
22 August 2011: We burn the final ISO and send to the printers
12 September 2011: FOSS4G

Anyone who wishes to add a new application to OSGeo-Live should contact
us soon, and definitely by the start of our release cycle in May. The
process for getting an application onto OSGeo-Live is explained here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project