[Live-demo] USB of Live-demo . . . (using MINI version)

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon May 23 09:21:30 PDT 2011

All,

So looked around the LIVE-DVD some.  Is it to be assumed that I should use my own data for demoing and/or data that already exists on the DVD?  I would like to do both if possible, but either or is ok as well.

Where are all the datasets?  Are they all together somewhere?

Thanks

bobb

>>> "Bob Basques" <Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us> wrote:

All,

New topic . . .

I noticed that only Firefox (3.6.15) is installed.  Any plans to include other browsers (as well as FF4.x, which I know will break some things).

bobb

>>> "Bob Basques" <Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us> wrote:

Alex,

Ok, so I got the MINI version to boot.

Some quicky notes:

**  Interesting that multiple monitors are set to mirror by default.  :c)
**  I have Ubuntu at home, where the heck are the Display settings  . . . . Probably a newbie question . . .

bobb

On 05/13/2011 07:37 AM, Bob Basques wrote:

> All,
>
> trying to build a bootable USB stick.  Working from here:
>
> http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/usb_quickstart.html
>
> The suggested option for osgeo-live image is "xubuntu 10.04 Desktop i386"
>
> The USB installer has been upgraded it seems and ubuntu 11.04 options exist.  question should I generally try to use a newer version, or stick with the 10.04 version as indicated in the link above?
>
> Thanks
>
> bobb

I assume you're trying to build on windows?
You will want to follow the instructions as written and pick 10.04 since
that is the version that OSGeo Live 4.5 is based on.

Looks like we did miss updating that page to list 4.5 instead of 4.0.

Also make sure to use the "mini" image to make a usb stick there is a
known bug in the full iso that may cause it not boot which we haven't
had a chance to fix yet.