[Live-demo] Browsers installed on OSGeo-Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu May 26 15:40:34 PDT 2011

On 27/05/11 07:27, Bob Basques wrote:

> I thought of another question to ask the group as well.  Are there any
> plans to include more than one browser, or even more than one version
> of a particular browser?  I've been wondering about Firefox 4 and
> Chrome for example, because of the WebGL and HTML5 things that can be
> demonstrated in them.

There are no current plans to install multiple browsers on OSGeo-Live.
As we are space constrained, we intend to only install one.
Also, our focus is to demonstrate robust geospatial applications, which
should work on multiple browsers, so it shouldn't matter much which
browser is installed, so we go with the default Ubuntu installed browser.

Geospatial Director