[Live-demo] OSGeoLive at Intergeo 2011

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 14:02:37 PST 2011

Ruth,
Thank you for volunteering. It actually doesn't take much effort to
ensure the OSGeoLive is handed out at spatial conferences like FossGIS.

What is involved is:
1. Ensure your name is added as a contact point in our release schedule
here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB#gid=0
(This is where I look to tell event organisors that the LiveDVD is ready
for printing)

2. You may optionally also subscribe to the osgeo-live email list, to
keep track of things.

3. Liaise with the conference organising committee to organise payment
of the DVDs. (Even better is printing USBs which are much faster,
however they do cost more). You should negotiate to get the DVD/USB
printing costs added to the conference budget.

4. As the conference approaches, locate a local printer for the DVD
and/or USB. Finding one that can print a bootable USB is sometimes
difficult.

5. Coordinate with the USB team to print the DVD/USB when it is ready.