[Live-demo] Release Checklist 5

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 16:02:20 PDT 2011

On 7/09/2011 8:28 AM, Hamish wrote:
> Cameron:
>> However, I suggest changing the 1 image in the docs before
>> releasing to the generic background.
> Alex:
>>>     Do we really need to change the screenshot in
>>> the docs if we change the background only slightly
>> (doesn't seem like a big deal to me)
> Cameron:
>> I suggest that we should, but it is quite simple to do. We
>> only need to change 1 file from:
>> doc/images/screenshots/800x600/osgeolive_menu.png
>> https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/branches/osgeolive_5_0/doc/images/screenshots/800x600/osgeolive_menu.png
>
> While cosmetic thing, I'd prefer it if that particular screen-
> shot be taken with the cursor visible, and an item selected from
> the menu*. Also since it is our front-window display image, I'd
> ask that it be taken with the desktop icons cleaned up and no
> stray apps running in the task bar. (so taken from the VM not
> the ISO)
>
> [*] learn from the greek masters: instill a sense of movement
> in your static display to engage the viewer's mind.
>
> If no one else gets to it first I'll try for a cleaned up version
> over lunch.
Hamish, good idea.
It will be ~ 12 hours before I can get to it, so sounds like you will
beat me.

> thanks,
> Hamish
>
> ps- when committing to the release branch, please try to merge
> between svn branches instead of committing the same file/change
> as new, twice. see the svn instructions on the wiki for details
> how.
I did use a "svn merge" to copy this image into the 5.0 branch, although
I'm not sure how my use translated into the svn repository. I did:

cd branches/5.0/doc/images
svn merge https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/doc/en/images
svn diff
svn commit

Which I see is slightly different to wiki at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Build#Merging but I assumed should
produce the same results?