[Live-demo] Planing Roadmap in OSGeo Trac for Live Project

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 13:26:33 PDT 2012

On 04/04/12 01:01, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> On 12-04-03 12:37 AM, Frank Gasdorf wrote:
>> Absolutely agree, its not necessary to setup a new trac instance and
>> an other subversion repo.
>>
>> Version pattern would be the same as used for the live dvd itself :
>> 'OSGeo-Live 5.x'
>> I would suggest to use this pattern for milestones and for SVN tags as
>> well, optionally appended by a 'RCx'
>>
>> But the questions is, who can create a milestone (which we could
>> delete later if we don't want to use this trac feature)?
>
> Frank,
>
> I can grant admin access on the Trac instance to anyone suitable for
> doing this.  I see blammo, crscmidt, hamish, hobu and sbarnes also have
> admin access now.
>
> As a preliminary step I have granted admin access to Cameron and Alex
> (camerons and wildintellect).
>
> Best regards,

I'm ok with setting milestones for major releases: 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, etc. I
don't want to include milestones for release candidates, as we have too
many of them and it will become difficult to manage.

I'd like to hear if Hamish has anything to add before we put this into
action, as he usually has wise advise in this area.