[Live-demo] updating trunk to xubuntu 12.04

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 17:47:40 PDT 2012

On 04/29/2012 02:09 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:

>> Alex:
>>> Biggest delay right now is that Ubuntugis isn't up to
>>> Precise yet.
>> the wheels are now in motion. they'll catch up.
>>

>> Angelos:
>>>    From what I see, until we have precise target in ubuntugis
>>> repository, we can only test installation on packages that
>>> are not included there...
>> yup, but there are a bunch of those.
>>
>> (and fwiw contributing projects need to vet their own scripts,
>> &  not wait for us to tell them that they're broken)
>>

>> Hamish
>>
> I am testing the install_mysql script and I see there is no
> mysql-admin package.
> I am commenting it out for now...

Until now I have reviewed:

setup.sh
install_services.sh
install_mysql.sh
install_java.sh
install_apache2.sh
install_tomkat6.sh

For Java, I added the default JDK for ubuntu 12.04 which is default-jdk
== openjdk-6-jdk
Is there a reason we want openjdk-7 apart from being a newer version?
Why version 6 is still the default in ubuntu?
Thoughts?

Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos