[Live-demo] What version of applications should we be installing on OSGeo-Live 6.5? - for mapbender

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Wed Dec 12 11:43:59 PST 2012

Am 12.12.2012 20:12, schrieb Cameron Shorter:
> On 09/11/12 23:49, Astrid Emde wrote:
>>> Astrid,
>>> I have a strong preference for only installing one version of each
>>> application on OSGeo-Live.
>>> We don't want to be confusing new users with trying to work out which
>>> version of an application they should be testing. We should help by
>>> making that decision for them.
>>>
>>> Do you wish to discuss why you think there should be multiple versions
>>> of mapbender installed?
>>>
>> Hello Cameron, hi folks,
>>
>> we are reimplementing Mapbender at the moment using Symphony2,
>> OpenLayers, MapQuery and JQuery (http://mapbender3.org/). Mapbender3
>> does not offer everything Mapbender 2.x does, but in the future this
>> will be the software we work on and reimplement the mapbender 2.x
>> features and more.
>>
>> I will discuss with the Mapbender team, whether we skip 2.7.x on
>> OSGeo-Live already and provide only Mapbender3. Sounds good to me.
>>
>> Astrid
>>
> Astrid,
> What decision have you made regarding which version of Mapbender to
> include on OSGeo-Live 6.5? I notice that you have been creating an
> install_mapbender3.sh script. If you are planning to move to
> mapbender3, then I suggest that we should probably be testing it in
> the upcoming releases that Angelos is about to build.
Hello Cameron,

thanks for your offer. I commited the install_mapbedner3.sh already to
get ready for OSGeo-Live 6.5.

But I would prefer to wait for the next build, as the Mapbender3 package
needs some more development, before I would like to ask you to test it.

Hope I will add it to the installation this year. I will let you know.

Astrid