[Live-demo] Mostly complete Ohloh quality comparision between OSGeo-Live projects

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:03:18 PST 2012

I've applied a few fixes as per recommendations on this thread. (Note,
anyone with OSGeo-Live write access can update this file here:
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/doc/metrics.rst

On 18/12/12 17:52, Andrea Aime wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Cameron Shorter
> <cameron.shorter at gmail.com <mailto:cameron.shorter at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I've included Ohloh metrics from almost all OSGeo-Live projects here:
>
>     http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/en/metrics.html
>
>     This provides some very insightful information about the maturity
>     of both codebases and communities behind OSGeo projects.
>
>     There are some notable glitches:
>     * Some projects don't seem to be registered in Ohloh
>     * Some projects have moved repositories. (I think you can register
>     multiple repositories with Ohloh, but not many projects have).
>

> Yep, GeoServer misses the history older than 2 years, but if we had
> multiple repos we'd be in the opposite position, a good year
> of commits registered twice.

I suspect that Ohloh is smart enough to show one project migrating to
another repository. They do allow you to register 2 repository URLs.

Andrea, could you (or someone else with Ohloh write access to a
migrating project), please test this theory.

> Btw, noticed that at least in Chrome on Linux both GeoServer and
> MapServer have their commit graphs visually cut and seem much smaller
> than they actually are (I believe the next row
> is overlapping with their graphs)
Strange, I can't see it (using Chrome on Linux)