[Live-demo] Mostly complete Ohloh quality comparision between OSGeo-Live projects

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Wed Dec 19 01:40:52 PST 2012

On 18 December 2012 11:48, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/12/12 19:13, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
>>
>> Hi Cameron, can you add please the gvSIG 2.0 Ohloh project[1] metrics?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> [1]https://www.ohloh.net/p/gvsig-desktop-2
>

> Jorge, Am I right in assuming that we should only have one gvsig icon?
> Ie, which project should a new user consider downloading? I assume gvsig 2
> and not gvsig-1?

mmm well right now we don't have a stable release, but as a lot of
effort is being put on 2.0 version, showing the decreasing activity of
1 branch could not give a good vision of the project. If we want to
focus on what version the user should install the current widget is ok
but it's not presenting were the major efforts are being at this
moment on the project.

BTW because of the refactoring of gvSIG 2, we moved from one (really
big) svn repo to nowadays 27 different svn locations more or less.
That's why we had to create a new project in Ohloh to avoid confusions
to visitors.

Hope it helps

--
Jorge Sanz