[Live-demo] Fwd: [SpatiaLite-Users] Re: Spatialite database on OSGeo Live DVD

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 12:03:07 PST 2012

Micha, Sandor,
Our strong preference is to use datasets already installed on
OSGeo-Live. I've already mentioned that it reduces size, but the other
reason is that uses can test 2 different databases with the same data
and see how they do or do not differ.

For instance, the QGIS quickstart may say:
Connect to the Natural Earth dataset, which is available in either
PostGIS or Spatialite, then select the ...

So before we add another dataset, could you please answer whether we can
make use of the natural earth dataset already included, linked from
here: http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html

Micha, again, could you please forward this email on.