[Live-demo] 5.5 RC1 Status - missing R add-on packages

Barry Rowlingson barry.rowlingson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:39:55 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Barry, as we are in the final days before the osgeo-live release, I'm very
> strongly in favour of not rocking the boat or trying anything even slightly
> risky, as we don't have time to fix it.
>
> Hence if the current deployment of R and docs match up, I suggest that we
> delay any R updates until the 6.0 release.

+1

 There's no way I can write a nice rgeos example in the time anyway!

 As long as I can work out the procedure for installing the
prerequisites for users to be able to build and install these add-ons
then I can document that somewhere if I ever want to use the live-dvds
for some fancy R-gis stuff. It should just be a case of apt-getting
the developer libraries and the package source code, right? Will play
with it later in the week, but it's my problem and not yours!

Barry