[Live-demo] Re: Questioning referencing MapGuide in docs

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Thu Feb 23 01:55:14 PST 2012

Hello Cameron, Hamish, and list.

Yes.  MapGuide on OSGeo-Live is mostly a resourcing/funding issue.  I am certain that Jackie and I, with enough funding, could get MapGuide back on Ubuntu.  Basically, we need to do a full native compile instead of using CentOS binaries.  Autodesk sponsored the original work a few years back and no sponsor has stepped up to take their place.

Quite unfortunate.

Regards,
Trevor