[Live-demo] Re: OpenJUMP Contribution

Michaël Michaud michael.michaud at free.fr
Fri Jan 6 14:21:15 PST 2012

Hi Cameron,
> Thanks for offering to update OpenJump.
> Our expectation is that each project on OSGeoLive takes responsibility
> for their packages install scripts and documentation by updating
> subversion directly.
>
> I will need to give you subversion access. The process for getting
> access is described here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Subversion

I'd like to contribute to OSGeo-Live.
Could I please get access to subversion. My osgeo-user id is: michaudm

I confirm that my contributions to OSGeo-Live will be compatible with
the OSGeo-Live license guidelines at the time of contribution.
The current OSGeo-Live license guidelines are:

      * Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License for
        Quickstarts
      * Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project
        Overviews
      * A version of LGPL for install scripts
      * One of the OSI approved Open Source licenses for installed
        applications

> Should just be a minor tweak to change version to:
> install_openjump.sh
>
> Although we are encouraging java projects to make use of openjdk
> rather than sun java as we will need to migrate at some point.
> Do you know if openjump works with openjdk?
I have been reported there are small bugs with OpenJDK 1.6 which are
solved with OpenJDK 1.7

>> - icon
> Probably won't need to change?
I has been slightly improved since last OSGeo-live release.

>> - documentation
> Explained here:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project#Documentation
Thanks, sorry if I did not read it extensively.

Michaël