[Live-demo] Re: can we update adhoc doc generation every hour?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 01:58:12 PST 2012

Alex wrote:
> There shouldn't be any problem including it in the Windows installer
> directory (Did you mention how big the installer is?). I think the point
> that Hamish is making is that it might be confusing to users as it will
> be the only application listed that isn't ready to run, and won't be on
> the mini iso or virtual machine. So we'll just need to add an asterisk
> and a note on the quickstart that makes that clear.
>
> Box : This application is for Windows only and requires installation.
> Installation files are included on the full ISO version of OSGeo-Live or
> may be downloaded from ...link....

Right; I don't mean for a moment to kick the quickstart and the overview
from the disc! (sorry if it came out that way), just that the docs should
go in a separate section, maybe still on the table of contents page, but
below a horizontal rule of something.

We have a couple other deactivated because of lack-of-space projects
with existing overviews and quickstarts that could join it there so it
won't be all by itself in the wilderness:
  MapGuide, MB-System, and Octave's spatial toolbox. (others?)

Alex:
> (Did you mention how big the installer is?).

please say less than 50mb.. :-S

Hamish