[Live-demo] Postgres Apps - MapFish Sahana Rasdaman PGRoutingGPSDrive

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sun Jan 22 12:28:57 PST 2012

Le dimanche 22 janvier 2012 21:16:37, maplabs at light42.com a écrit :
> Compatability for Postgres 9.1 is in the 90% + range
> The problem people run into is that since Postgres is a fundemental
> piece of any stack,
> it is some work to rebuild the stack to test with a new version...
>
> I would be surprised if there are any compatability problems at all for
> most all apps
> other than people hard-coding version numbers and the like

For the record, there are sometimes changes in some configuration parameters
from one PG version to another one that have lead to the following
compatibility fix (for a very marginal use case) in GDAL recently :

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/23651/trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/pg

(improved in
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/23652/trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/pg to
not be dependant from the PG version )