[Live-demo] 5.5 Beta 1 Status

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 28 16:16:15 PST 2012

Angelos wrote:
> After some testing done on 5.5beta1, I have
> updated the package spreadsheet about the status
> of each package:

(thanks)

> At this point we have the following packages not
> running or not installing properly:

52n:
(no updates to script in 5 months, how did it fail?)

deegree:
updated a few days ago, hopefully fixed.

mb-system:
because to save disc space it wasn't installed. trial install on next alpha build.

qgis-mapserver:
(no updates to script in 7 months, how did it fail?)

rasdaman:
updated a few days ago, hopefully fixed. (but I think there's more to do)

Sahana:

?

> dropdb: database removal failed: ERROR:  database "sahana" does not exist

that one's ok, AFAICT it's just trying to clean out a prior version if it's there.

> --2012-01-19 12:44:36--  http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/downloads/web2py_src-1.98.2.zip
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found

version now updated to 1.99.2 in svn, hopefully it fixes the rest.

>     ProxyPass http://localhost:8000/eden

Please do not use generic port numbers like 8000, 8080, etc. We have a dozen
web service packages all competing for the same two or three numbers.

  ** 52n, deegree, and Rasdaman: this means you too! **

please note which port you choose on the google doc spreadsheet.

cheers,
Hamish