[Live-demo] pycsw in OSGeo Live.

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 12:11:33 PST 2012

Last April Cameron wrote:
> My initial feeling is that it would be great to
> include pywcs in a future release of OSGeo-Live,

(for the record we did ship it with the 5.0 release,
just didn't list it on the contents page.)

> but as pywcs is still only at a 0.1 release,

version numbers are meaningless. ignore and forget
them and judge the app on the app instead.

> without wide uptake yet,

for FOSS that metric is rather impossible to know,
but anyway if it is good, hence a great reason to
include it on the disc- to get it wide exposure!
chickens and eggs...

> it is premature to include pywcs into the next
> OSGeo-Live release.

If it's buggy or incomplete that's one thing. If
it is just unknown that's a very different matter,
and something we can help with.

I suggest to review and improve the overview and
quickstart reST pages, then make the final call on
whether to keep it listed on the contents page once
we get feedback from our beta testers. (a great
incentive to make the overview page clear about
what the user should expect, and to make the
quickstart clear about how to go about doing it)

Hamish