[Live-demo] Will gdal 1.9 break your application on osgeolive?

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Mon Jan 30 10:33:48 PST 2012

I think Hamish is pointing to package requirements where version MUST =
so and so
rather than version >= so and so

I believe we had several versions of GDAL installed previously because
of this, already
I do not know the details of the packages though. Hamish and others
know better than I

An outstanding problem previously was external libTIFF vs internal libTIFF
I asked FrankW in December if he could exert postive influence on the
packaging
in UbuntuGIS to move to a newer GDAL and at the same time resolve the problems

I will try to look into this and see the status as best as I can

best regards
  -Brian