[Live-demo] [Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] The OGC schema changes related to XLink]

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 07:08:38 PDT 2012

On 07/13/2012 04:41 PM, GĂ©rald Fenoy wrote:
> Dear members,
> I would like to know if anybody take this topic in account for producing
> the next release of OSGeoLive DVD 6.0. I think it makes lot of sens to
> make sure that all projects included in next release fit the new OGC
> requirements. The final update of the OGC schemas should happen on jully
> 27th so maybe we still get some time before considering this issue.
>
> Hope to hear from you,
> Best regards,

Hi Gerald and thanks for bringing this issue up,

This is definitely a very crucial matter for all OGC related software on
the disk.
The problem is that we do not build everything from source but rely on
many packages. So this kind of patching should be done upstream for each
project.
I realize that this is not the case right now. Actually I am not aware
of any project having fixed this issue till now (and having released a
stable version).

Another issue is that we might be against a double standard for a long
time, since this change will not happen overnight.
I recall some project discussions about being compatible with both xlink
versions to continue to support previous deployments.

I am afraid this will be an issue not just with OSGeoLive 6.0 but
perhaps the next version too...

Perhaps we should update the status spreadsheet to monitor projects
compatible with this new specification.

Best regards,
Angelos

--