[Live-demo] 6.0 beta6 Status

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Sun Jul 29 10:56:36 PDT 2012

On 07/29/2012 04:09 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> On 07/28/2012 05:40 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> This beta6 replaces beta5 after some package manager failure:
>> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/6.0/
>>
>> All application were tested in VM and we have 2 issues:
>>
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/949 - ossim needs
>> libopenthreads.so.13 and version 14 is upstream
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/968 - pink tiles in Geomoose demo
>>
>> Please test and commit fixes. RC1 build in 36 hours as agreed.
>>
>> Angelos
>>

> Issues to consider:

>  * Live user is "xubuntu" instead of "user"

Ouch. Won't that throw a wrench into the works in existing tutorials and
quickstart documents? I think that the username 'user' is probably
mentioned explicitly in some places.
If we want to choose another username, why not go with something
meaningful such as "gis-user" or "osgeo-user". IMHO, not the name of the
distro. That's just adds confusion.

--
Micha Silver
GIS Consultant, Arava Development Co.