[Live-demo] 6.0 beta6 Status

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Jul 29 11:04:48 PDT 2012

On 07/29/2012 10:56 AM, Micha Silver wrote:
> On 07/29/2012 04:09 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>> On 07/28/2012 05:40 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>>> This beta6 replaces beta5 after some package manager failure:
>>> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/6.0/
>>>
>>> All application were tested in VM and we have 2 issues:
>>>
>>> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/949 - ossim needs
>>> libopenthreads.so.13 and version 14 is upstream
>>> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/968 - pink tiles in Geomoose demo
>>>
>>> Please test and commit fixes. RC1 build in 36 hours as agreed.
>>>
>>> Angelos
>>>

>> Issues to consider:

>>  * Live user is "xubuntu" instead of "user"
>>

> Ouch. Won't that throw a wrench into the works in existing tutorials and
> quickstart documents? I think that the username 'user' is probably
> mentioned explicitly in some places.
> If we want to choose another username, why not go with something
> meaningful such as "gis-user" or "osgeo-user". IMHO, not the name of the
> distro. That's just adds confusion.
>

>> I would suggest to try it, you will like where this goes... :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Angelos

There's also typically no password either. We'll need to figure out
where these might get set (possibly a firstrun.sh).

On a tangent, I seem to recall remastersys saying to not have auto-login
configured as it caused issues. Maybe we need to undo that for now on
the next build to see if that fixes some of the weirdness.