[Live-demo] OSM sample data on OSGeo-Live

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 04:52:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

the Beijing "planet.osm" file is now generated and posted at
   http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/data/osm/

the next build from now should pick it up.

it's about twice the size of the small Denver CBD extract from last year,
a little smaller than Barcelona, and many times smaller than the full
Denver City extract.

If it is too huge I also made a smaller "central" version of the city
which crops out the suburbs including the airports.

pgRouting: (and anyone else who might have scaling problems) how did
you go with the Barcelona dataset? was it too big?

I also prepared a sqlite DB of all the OSM POIs, Beijing_poi.db.bz2 from
the same URL as the Beijing.osm file. It will be used for GpsDrive, but
is generic and could be useful to others.

regards,
Hamish