[Live-demo] Which version of openjdk should be included on OSGeo-Live 6.0?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:21:43 PDT 2012

On 04/06/12 22:23, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> What should be our policy in case of a project still dependent on
> openjdk6 close to release date? Shall we exclude it from the disk for
> version 6.0?

I'd like hear back from projects before we make this call.
I think our options are:
1. Only ship with openjdk7 and expect all projects to migrate to
openjdk7. This would be my preference if possible, as we will be able to
save disk space, which we can use for including new applications.

2. Ship with openjdk6 and 7, and have applications select which version
they are using in their startup script. This will probably require all
java applications to update their startup script to select the java
version they require during initialisation.