[Live-demo] Re: OSGeoLive, Sourceforge, and South Africa

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Mar 1 15:43:03 PST 2012

I've gone ahead and setup osgeo-live on sourceforge. Enabling just the
download tools and no other features. Initial test transfer of 5.5
release is in progress.

We will keep our current mirror setup for development and it will stay
up until the 6.0 release. If the sourceforge mirrors seems to be working
in a week or 2 we can update the website to redirect to sourceforge
download urls.

FYI, the only thing I think we'll run into, is that Xubuntu contains SSH
and might be subject to export restrictions, so some users in some
countries legally can probably only get downloads from the Greek mirror
where such restrictions don't exist.

PS: release team, tell me your sourceforge IDs so I can grant you
permissions.