[Live-demo] Re: OSGeoLive, Sourceforge, and South Africa

edgar.soldin at web.de edgar.soldin at web.de
Fri Mar 2 02:04:36 PST 2012

On 02.03.2012 00:43, Alex Mandel wrote:

> FYI, the only thing I think we'll run into, is that Xubuntu contains SSH
> and might be subject to export restrictions, so some users in some
> countries legally can probably only get downloads from the Greek mirror
> where such restrictions don't exist.

as USA has some legal restrictions about exporting encryption sf.net as usamerican company has to honor these.

currently the regulation is
- enable encryption under ProjectAdmin/Settings/ExportControls
- the link there is dead, but this page explains what to do
http://www.bis.doc.gov/encryption/
alternatively a mail to legal at sf.net might shed some light on it

..ede