[Live-demo] Re: [OSGeo-Conf] Re: OSGeo Chinese translations

Tanner Lin public.t.lin at gmail.com
Mon May 14 07:15:07 PDT 2012

Svn is synced on my side and working well. Translating.

Got 3 questions:

How often is adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs updated from the svn ? Do I
have to want a long time before any edit I make take effect ?

Wry do some records in the status spreadsheet shows "_complete" while the
.rst file in the svn is not translated ?

Are translators required to follow the English document strictly, or they
can have some flexibility and put their own ideas into the translation ? For
example, some Chinese GIS software vendors created a few data formats that
is only popular in China. If I'm translating a document on format
support/conversion, may I write a bit in my Chinese version to provide
information on working with these formats ?