[Live-demo] Re: [OSGeo-Conf] Re: OSGeo Chinese translations

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon May 14 15:11:30 PDT 2012

On 15/05/12 00:15, Tanner Lin wrote:
> Svn is synced on my side and working well. Translating.
Ok, good to hear.

> Got 3 questions:
>
> How often is adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs updated from the svn ? Do I
> have to want a long time before any edit I make take effect ?
It should be updated every hour, although it might be every 24 hours.
Hamish should be able to confirm this. (Hamish, can we please ensure the
docs are turned around every hour now in order to support the translators).

> Wry do some records in the status spreadsheet shows "_complete" while the
> .rst file in the svn is not translated ?

Looking at subversion, it seems that someone has copied all English
versions of files into the the Chinese directory.
This is confusing the status spreadsheet, which only works on
timestamps, and can't tell the difference between Chinese and English
documents.

To fix this, I've removed the untranslated documents from the Chinese
translated directory.
(This is ok, because our build scripts automatically replace any
untranslated document with an English document)

So when you translate a document now, you will need to do a:
svn add filename
svn commit -m"Added new Chinese translated file" filename