[Live-demo] Re: [OSGeo-Conf] Re: OSGeo Chinese translations

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 15 01:14:56 PDT 2012

2012/5/15 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
> Tanner Lin wrote:
>> How often is adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs updated from the svn ?
>> Do I have to want a long time before any edit I make take effect ?
>
> during "crunch" time on release month I had it running every hour, and
> during the "off" time between releases I had it running once a day. (it
> is a shared server with other innocent projects, so we have to keep a
> little mindful about how much load is put on it)
>
> since you kind folks are actively working on it now I've upped it to run
> every 3 hours, although I'd really suggest to have a local copy building
> as well, so that you can get instant feedback as soon as you make an edit.

1+ With one exception. the sphinx build on windows doesn't produce the
same results like thy linux one does because of platform specific
Makefile you can't use on Win. Therfore the sphinx build have to be
invoked directly:

set BUILD_DIR=%CD%/_build

rmdir /q/s "%BUILD_DIR%"

sphinx-build -w %BUILD_DIR%/build.log -b html -d %BUILD_DIR%/doctrees
. %BUILD_DIR%/html

as a result you get a lots of errors with non existing but referenced
documents (missing translations).

Cheers,
Frank