[Live-demo] Which version of openjdk should be included on OSGeo-Live 6.0?

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 28 22:07:23 PDT 2012

Brian,

please note, that uDig is shipped and installed with its own JRE. To
verify which JRE is used open the "About uDig" Dialog in the launched
Application (Menu -> Help -> About uDig". In the opened Dialog you
will find a "installation Details" Buttown left below, hit it and
switch afterwards to the "Configuration" tab.

For the uDig installation (1.2.2) you will see something like this:

java.home=/usr/lib/udig/jre
java.runtime.version=1.6.0_25-b06

To test against the installed JRE please go through:

* goto /usr/lib/udig with terminal/shell (cd /usr/lib/udig)
* type "sudo mv jre jreXXX" and type the password afterwards (user)
* start uDig again

and in the same About Dialog mentioned above you will see
java.home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk   (or something like this, but
not the bundled JRE from /usr/lib/udig)

Start testing the Walkthrough to verify everything is fine:
http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/udig_quickstart.html

Cheers,
Frank