[Live-demo] Which version of openjdk should be included on OSGeo-Live 6.0?

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Mon May 28 21:34:35 PDT 2012

Hi All-

   you know that GeoTools and the Java apps are very important to
this disk..
  I personally want to get this resolved the best way it can. I also
am not a Java dev,
so I am missing a lot of the details under the surface...  however

   I just micro tested uDig on the Live build Alpha 2.. all I tried
was two things..
Open a shape file, and open a TIF file.. and it worked fine !

   openJDK-6

   so there may be more going on, but it appears to me that we may be
able to get
away with openJDK-6. Maybe 7 too..

   best regards from Berkeley, California

==