[Live-demo] which version of PostGIS on OSGeo-Live? What apps will be effected?

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at geo-solutions.it
Tue Nov 20 01:42:20 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 20/11/2012 6:34 PM, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
>
>> As for gvSIG, we still don't have support for PostGIS 2.0 (even we
>> should). We don't use PostGIS on our default project. So, a database with
>> 1.5 would be great if possible.
>>
>> --
>> Jorge Sanz
>> http://es.osgeo.org
>>

> Jorge,
> I'm unclear about your message here.
> Does the gvsig packaged application or quickstart make use of PostGIS?
> If so, does gvsig use any functions which might break postgis 2.0? (I'm
> guessing that most applications will only be using simple postgis functions)

GeoServer tries to support old versions of PostGIS and newer ones, long
story short we need to check the version to support both.
The issue being that PostGIS 1.2 did no have some of the ST_<name>
functions, but only had <name>, and PostGIS 2.0 only has
the ST_ ones

Cheers
Andrea

--