[Live-demo] OSGeo live DVD (6.0)

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 15:06:14 PDT 2012

On 09/12/2012 10:49 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> On 13/09/2012 2:21 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> On 12-09-12 09:07 AM, Dave Postles wrote:
>>> I wondered if there is or will be a 64-bit version.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dave Postles
>
> Dave,
> We don't currently build a 64 bit version of OSGeo-Live, but it would
> be possible to do so if you (or someone else) is sufficiently
> motivated to run through the build process again.
>
> Do you have a strong need for a 64 bit version?
>
> I'm CCing the OSGeo-Live email list, which includes Angelos and Alex
> who have been creating our builds of late.

Hi,

Actually automation achieved in building 6.0 can easily lead us to
include 64bit builds. All deb packages from official repositories
support this already. Java and Python projects are almost independent of
arch. I wonder if non packaged applications support 64bit builds (like
liblas, rasdaman etc).

I would not be surprised if we could already build a 64bit version
successfully without changes...

Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos