[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 7.0 status: RC1

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Fri Aug 16 17:43:44 PDT 2013

While the first translation of quickstart and overview is not difficult, I
feel it's complicated to keep track of changes and updates.
I'm not sure how others do, but looking at change logs and comparing
manually is quite inconvenient.

Therefor I tried out Transifex with the pgRouting overview and quickstart:
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/livedvd-pgrouting/
I just recently started Transifex for pgRouting documentation and knew the
workflow with gettext and .po files. But it also works quite well to upload
text files.

Maybe for the next release we could consider some translation tool like
Transifex, because I think the current way to keep translations updated is
not very efficient. And at least for pgRouting the documentation for all
languages except English and German is not correct anymore. I don't know
how to inform translators about changes.

Daniel

Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de