[Live-demo] [live-demo] Kick-starting OSGeoLive 7.5

Ivan Minčík ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 14:29:23 PST 2013

We should not be maintaining our own repo/ppa for anything that isn't

> specifically osgeo-live. That means only build scripts, documentation
> and data extractions are candidates. All 3 of these can happily live in
> the same repo/ppa. Software should always come from already existing
> sources as much as possible.

I am following this discussion for some little time and I understand DEB
discussion differently - the goal should be everything packaged in DEBs and
install it via metapackages. But maybe I am wrong.

> I agree that we need to stick to every 6 months. It's things like QGIS,
> Geoserver, Leaflet, OpenLayers, geos, gdal, etc that are constantly
> changing and people always want the latest version (Note Geoserver is
> doing timed 6 mo releases). Long time stable software (I'm not going to
> call it Core because that will only lead to confusion) is already simply

'Core' was just an example.

Ivan