[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 6.5 Status: Beta

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 11:32:06 PST 2013

Hi all, and happy new year!

We are pleased to announce that the development of OSGeoLive 6.5 is now
in beta stage, according to our schedule [1].
You can download the first beta here: [2] (soon to be mirrored here: [3])
Full change log: [4]

All the major bugs/issues that were reported [5] during the alpha stage
were fixed and the distribution is already very stable.
We would like to thank all the contributors that stepped up and
committed fixes the last couple of months.

Our next major milestone (RC1) is planned for 29 Jan, and for this plan
to be successful, the following steps are needed:

1. We kindly request *all projects* that are included in OSGeoLive to
*test* this first beta and make a complete run of their Quickstart
guide. We feel that if a user fails to complete a Quickstart guide, this
would reflect badly to the project and the live disk, so we need to run
a full round of QA at this stage. Please report your findings through
Trac [5] and status spreadsheet [6]

2. We kindly request all new projects to provide a draft version of
their documentation before the deadline [1], in order to have time to
review and translate.

Best regards,
Angelos

[1]