[Live-demo] New apps to be included in OSGeo-Live 6.5?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 14:27:33 PST 2013

By my calculations, I think we have the following new applications for
osgeo-live 6.5:

* cartaro:
* i3geo
* ncwms
* tilemill
* eoxserver
* (have I missed any?)

Angelos, I understand from you that they have all been installed
successfully and seem to be running?
Also, we are within our maximum ISO image size?

If so, I suggest that all these apps should be installed on our next
OSGeoLive 6.5 release, although we will make a few of the new
applications hard to find until they have become more established. Ie, a
couple of the new projects won't be mentioned in the docs contents page:
http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html

Here is my suggested breakdown for what is/is not visible in the docs:
cartaro:
* Has not reached stable 1.0 yet, but is looking promising, so docs
won't be referenced from our main contents for 6.5 release.

i3geo
* included if docs written in time.

ncwms
* included if docs written in time.