[Live-demo] i3geo on OSGeo-Live 6.5?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 22:55:31 PST 2013

Edmar, Valenty, Javier,

At our weekly OSGeo-Live IRC meeting [1], we discussed which new
applications to include on OSGeoLive.
In discussing i3geo, we had concerns that about i3geo's readiness for
our 6.5 release timeframe, and suspect that it would be better for i3geo
to target the osgeolive 7.0 release (6 months later).

In particular, it seems that i3geo's English interface is not as good as
the Spanish interface yet.
dbb also mentioned a blog post discussing the quality of the i3geo code.
(I haven't seen the mentioned blog)

What this would probably mean would be that we'd include the i3geo
installer (so developers can test the application) but not actually
install the application.

Comments?

[1] http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeolive/%23osgeolive.2013-01-10.log